Thursday, May 18, 2006

Bali Day 6 : Ubud > Kuta

Woke up late possibly because we had beer previous night?? ...Then we started packing our luggages because we planned to go to Kuta straight after we finished getting a tattoo... and our appointment for Tattoo was at 10am and we were running late...

The Tattoo artist patiently waited for us, and since Gerald already knew what he wanted, he started to get his tattoo first, which is a "barung"! ...(Barung is actually a very powerful, protective spirit that fights and drives out demons... which we later found out that Balinese wouldn't wear it because they are afraid it would attract demons??!)

Anyway, the tattoo of the Barung is quite big and it covers the upper left arm of Gerald... Poor Gerald had to suffer for 4 hours to get it done.. He didn't have much expressions at all at the begining (probably because of male ego??...haha!!) ...but he started to show more and more painful expressions and that's when I started to feel very unsettled...

Well, I have always wanted to get a tattoo (probably since 10 long years ago??)... and when this day had finally came, there was so much running through in my mind... I mean, it's a TATTOO you know!!! ...Not just a pimple that could easily squeezed out and healed... Anyway, I think I was more concerned about the PAIN than anything else... Because sitting there for 4 hours seeing Gerald's painful expression "occasionally", and the noise of tattooing - not fun at all!!! ...Drove me nuts!!

When it was finally my turn... Yeah I was pretty nervous... When the needle first touched my skin and stopped (because the tattoo artist knew I was afraid of pain and just stopped to check if I was alright?)... I looked at him and looked at my ankle...EH??!! ...An outline of 1 inch of tattoo has been done... EH?!!?! ...It's not as painful as I thought at all!!! ...Woah, I felt a little bit relief ...Anyway, the most painful area was around the bone area of the ankle, that REALLY hurts... I have no idea how long it took for mine to be done, but in all, it was not as painful as I imagined... Nah!!! No big deal at all... *muahahaha*... If there were a good design, I'd still go for it! ... =)

Anyway, after that the driver drove us to our Homestay to pick up our luggages and head to Kuta!! ...We had no idea where about to stay in Kuta at all... We tried to find Secret Garden at Popies Lane but we missed the turn... So we ended up staying at Puri Tanah Lot Hotel instead... Still quite cheap and quite a nice place to stay!!

We went to look for something to eat soon after we checked into the hotel. It was probably 7pm? ...and there's this section of the road near the Kuta beach which doesn't have any street lights... and there were these two guys came to us and spoke in Balinese language... I thought it was one of those taxi guys or whatever (cos I couldn't understand what they were talking about?)... One guy kept talking to me as I walked in front of Gerald... and the other guy walked behind Gerald... I found them extremely annoying because we said no-no-no-no-no and they kept following us... Then I heard Gerald asked the 2nd guy why he opened Gerald's pouch?? ...Urgh!! ...That's when my tolerant level reached the limit...

I walked to the 2nd guy and angrily asked him why he opened our pouch and what did he steal? ...He was probably a bit frightened at that time and kept saying he didn't take anything, and he started to look out for his partner whom already ran across the road and disappeared in the dark... Anyway, I waited for Gerald to check if everything was still in the pouch, while remain arm length to this 2nd guy in case if he ran away... if he dares to run, I'd just pulled his collar and give him a big punch (yeah mate! I had that worst case scenario running in my mind already at that time! ...muahahhaha)...

Anyway, our wallets, our passports and our handphones were all safe in the pouch, and so we just had to let him run wild... What a night, eh!!?!? ...We then walked pass a police station and decided to go in and report it... after that we went to Jalan Legian via Poppies Lane 2, and had our delicious dinner at one of the restuarant there... Yum Yum...

It was such a looooooooooooooong walk back to our Hotel... and we were sweating... and GOSH, Gerald's tattoo was full of sweat and it was such a big MESS!!!! ...Whole arm was in blank ink and he had to use tissue papers to clean it... Luckily mine was still alright!!

I was soooooooooooo tired that night... Wanted to watch "Kill Bill 1" on TV, but I fell asleep I think...

No comments: