Friday, May 19, 2006

Bali Day 7 : Kuta

I woke up quite late I think... Tired!!

We walked to the beach using the small lane near our hotel after our breakfast... There's a lot of cheap local restaurants along this small lane... Anyway, we then cut through to Kuta Beach... Our first time seeing Kuta Beach, and yes it is beautiful... (The previous night, it was already dark when we were walking along that street, therefore we couldn't see the beach at all)...

While we were standing at the beach enjoying the beautiful view... the locals kept coming to ask if we would like to buy some souvenirs, or have a manicure / pedicure done, or even massages!! ...Basicly we had no peaceful moment to enjoy the beach and the view... The locals are very persistent too that even if you said No to them, they'd still stand next to you, hoping you would change your mind... hmmmph... I guess they're only trying to make a living... *sigh*... That's why I don't quite like Kuta, because the people there are much more pesky (as Gerald put it)...

Well, it was a hot day... we were sweating and we went to buy some stuff to clean Gerald's messy tattoo... hehe... We went to KFC for lunch (and guess what? ...the KFC there comes with RICE... so is McDonald!!! ...Actually Philippines is another place which their KFC and McDonald comes with rice too, I later found out)....

Kuta is quite busy (in terms of traffic)... lotsa retail shops... Many branded things and surfing brands... Felt like Australia especially seeing all those surfing shops and brands... We then went to buy Gerald's singlet... Bargained the first time in Bali... *muahahaha*... and then went back to our Hotel as Gerald needed to clean his tattoo, and to pack up as he was leaving in the evening...

Hmmm... I was a little sad while Gerald was packing his stuff... How I wished I could leave Kuta just like Gerald too!! ....Kuta sucks!! ...

We went for early dinner together before he left... He ordered Nasi Goreng forgotten that we had been warned not to eat eggs and seafood at all (worried that we'd get infections on our tattooes?)... ALAMAK!!! ...He was quite worried... hehehe... So I ate the Nasi Gorent instead and boy it was good!!! ...

Anyway, I had a sense of losing when I sent him off in front of the Hotel... He is such a great companion to travel with... A very cool and relaxed person and very funny and very blur at times... I didn't know I would miss a person so much after spending only just a few days with him...

I spent the rest of my night in my hotel room trying to blog offline... but I just couldn't get into typing... So the whole night I was busy SMS-ing with Gerald before he departed and after he arrived KL ...hahaha... Told him that I missed his hair-dryer... muahahhaa...

I slept with lights on that night...

No comments: