Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Not Afraid to Accept Help

I used to deal with things myself and sort them out myself... I thought that would make me "independent" and "tough" and "strong"...

Nobody likes to be "weak" and "incapable"... Getting help from others would make us feel that way, I guess??

I have learned to see things differently after talking to mum...

She said, sometimes we have to allow others to "help" us when we needed... We have to "let" people care about us and "give" us the support they could... By allowing others to help us, their day would be more meaningful and that would make them happy too... and they'll have good karma next time...

Just a different perspective for you to consider when you're feeling down... or need any support or help... you know if you reach out your hands... someone will always be there...





A friend (Chuan) emailed this little piece of story that relates to the above:

"
一天, 佛陀在托钵时,一婆罗门来找佛陀辩论,声称为何僧团不自吃其力,没有耕种,而要去托钵。

佛陀答曰,我所讲的法就是播种,把善法种在众生的八识田中,我让众生种福田,就是在帮忙灌溉,点醒众生的迷惑,就是得到的收成,那我不也是自吃其力吗
? 把佛法传给四周围的人,叫做法布施。

当我们制造机会给被人行善时,我们也是在布施。
我们在增长他们的慈悲心,增长他们的体悟和福报,识可而止,不然就会变成贪得无厌。
"


No comments: